The EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) Enforcement Guidance states that an Individualized Assessment generally means that an employer informs the individual that he may be excluded because of past criminal conduct; provides an opportunity to the individual to demonstrate that the exclusion does not properly apply to him; and considers whether the individual’s additional information shows that the policy as applied is not job related and consistent with business necessity.
Individualized Assessments (IA’s) may contain:
- The facts or circumstances surrounding the offense or conduct;
- The number of offenses for which the individual was convicted;
- Older age at the time of conviction, or release from prison;
- Evidence that the individual performed the same type of work, post conviction, with the same or a different employer, with no known incidents of criminal conduct;
- The length and consistency of employment history before and after the offense or conduct;
- Rehabilitation efforts, e.g., education/training;
- Employment or character references and any other information regarding fitness for the particular position
- Whether the individual is bonded under a federal, state, or local bonding program
Let us help you with Individualized Assessments to tell you about who the person was previously and show you aery clear picture of who your applicant is, today. It Can Help!! POEknows Can Help!
Call, Email or Contact us today to discuss POEknows conducting Individualized Assessments for you. Whether you are a property owner, property manager, real estate professional or a private landlord, POEknows can help YOU!